Thursday, July 11, 2013

Experiments

I have previously mentioned my new obsession with subscription boxes, specifically beauty boxes. How had I never discovered these before now, I have no idea! But I love them already! I love trying new beauty products, sometimes it results in some serious disasters, but other times, I find a product I adore. I wanted to share these great ideas, in the hopes of making even one person have any easier time finding what works well for them. So, the first box I have received is from +Glossybox .  I loved the little designer box it came in, everything wrapped inside with paper and a bow, charming!



 I got some pretty interesting products. My favorite product is probably the SpaRitual nail polish, it came in a lovely dark purple color. The nail polish was full size, so even better and goes on very smooth. Its also worth $10...so by itself, it paid for half the box. I also got some perfume samples, which were my least favorite items. They were all from Oscar De La Renta's new line of scents and for me, they were entirely too strong and too musky smelling. I figured Id pass them on to my mother. I also got some interesting lipstick. I'm not really into lipstick and I was dismayed how dark the color was! The brand was Tarte and it customizes to your natural pigments, so if you're into lipstick, this one may be one try. I also got a couple other products, a skin oil that smells heavenly as well as conditioner that was decent but nothing I could get excited about. It did not do anything more for my hair then my store bought conditioner does. Worst case scenario, if I ever get snowed in and/or the Zombie Apocalypse comes, Ill be stocked up on beauty products!
Overall, the box did pay for itself and its a fun way to spend a day pampering myself trying new beauty products!

Im trying a few different ones out to start, Glossybox, Ipsy, and Birchbox. Im curious to see what they all offer and which Ill keep and which Ill end. If you're interested at all in learning more, here's the link to my referral pages.

GlossyBox
glossybox.com/referal?CI=NTk

Ipsy
 

Birchbox
http://birch.ly/15zHwt6

No comments:

Post a Comment